Dental Assisting Curriculum
WEEK 1 LECTURE
- The role of the dental assistant, dental anatomy, terminology, and charting.
WEEK 2 LECTURE
- Office management, communications skills, scheduling, law and ethics.
WEEK 3 LAB
- Nitrous Oxide, OSHA, Infection Control, and CPR.
WEEK 4 LECTURE/LAB
- Isolation techniques, 4-handed dentistry, dental materials, and provisional crowns.
WEEK 5 LECTURE/LAB
- Radiology, safety and procedures.
WEEK 6 LECTURE/LAB
- Impression materials, pouring, taking, and trimming models.
WEEK 7 LECTURE/LAB
- The multi facets of dentistry, and working with dental specialists.
WEEK 8 LECTURE/LAB
- Coronal polishing, employment skills, resumes and interviewing.